Staying At Wheatland Farm’s Devon Eco Lodges
Wheatland Farm is ready to welcome you to it’s covid secure Devon accommodation as the restrictions lift. We look forward to welcoming you back to the eco lodges and to Otter Cottage. This year we’re open for bookings from Spring until the end of October. At the moment we’re not taking bookings for Christmas and New Year. Let’s not risk planning that far ahead!
More Flexible Booking Conditions
Wheatland Farm has made booking easier, final payment due dates later, and refunds even better so you can feel secure when booking your holiday. In setting these conditions, our aim is to balance out the financial risk, with us carrying most, but not all of it. Wheatland Farm’s underlying cancellation principle remains in place – we do not seek to profit from guests misfortunes. (We never ‘double sell’ a holiday and keep two sets of payments.)
You can book 2021 dates for a 20% deposit, with the balance due 30 days (down from 6 weeks) before arrival. If community-wide COVID or other disease outbreak restrictions where you live within in the UK prohibit you from travelling, you will receive a full refund. This provision applies to the booker’s home address. Similarly, if Wheatland Farm can’t welcome you because of covid restrictions or outbreaks, you will get a refund. Please see our full terms and conditions.
Keeping Your Holiday Covid Secure At Wheatland Farm
Wheatland Farm will provide covid secure Devon accommodation. Just as with any other infection, like norovirus or even standard flu, our priority is to keep you safe, so you have a lovely holiday. Some of the following was already standard practice, some changed in the light of corona virus. We will:
- Provide hand sanitiser at the entrance to each eco lodge and the cottage, and where we meet guests at the farmhouse.
- Provide extra hand washing facilities around Wheatland Farm’s shared facilities.
- Thoroughly ventilate the lodges before you arrive.
- Thoroughly clean all work surfaces, all door handles, light switches, sink surrounds and touch points etc.
- Disinfect the fridge
- Change all the bedding (of course!) including pillow and mattress protectors – official advice is that routine washing is all that’s required.
- Check the cups and cutlery between guests. (Obviously we still expect departing guests to do their own washing up!)
- Follow evolving PHE /tourism sector advice on maintaining covid secure accommodation.
- Discuss specific concerns you may have – please do get in touch.
We ask you to please:
- Bear with us if cleaning takes longer than usual
- Bear with us if we are short staffed because of corona virus
- Immediately return to your own home to self isolate your household if you develop symptoms of corona virus during your stay – just as you would be required to do in your normal setting. Be aware that you cannot stay longer than your booked stay at Wheatland Farm, even if you get ill.
- Tell us if you develop covid symptoms – so we can manage cleaning and subsequent bookings.
- Accept that we may unavoidably have to cancel your stay at Wheatland Farm, potentially at very short notice, due to covid security measures. If we can’t welcome you, but there are no widespread covid restrictions in this area, you will of course have a full refund.
- Make sure we have a last minute contact number for you in these fast changing times.
- When you make a new booking, ensure you read the current terms and conditions!
What to do if you develop covid symptoms while on holiday
This poster, developed with the NHS, sets out what to do if you become ill while staying in the eco lodges at Wheatland Farm. As part of our covid secure accommodation measures, it’s displayed in each lodge too.