Updated 13 November 2020
Staying At Wheatland Farm Eco Lodges
We look forward to welcoming you again at Wheatland Farm’s Devon Eco Lodges. We’re continuing our ‘covid secure’ measures, and have clarified our refunds policy. See you soon!
When can I book a holiday?
You can book now for spring 2021 and onwards.
What can I do when I’m at Wheatland Farm?
Our outdoor space is the best thing about Wheatland Farm. Beech Lodge and Balebarn Lodge have hot tubs, and Honeysuckle Lodge has a bookable outside bath ( these are optional extras). We’ve built a new pontoon for the wildlife pond for those who fancy wild swimming. The boats are available to borrow. Each lodge has a BBQ. You can book out the campfire space. There’s the fishing pond (catch and release). We’ll still take you on nature walks (with some adjustments). Kids’ can borrow farm bikes . We’ll have a family set of bikes that are suitable for longer trips, and have researched lots of local trips and mini adventures. Or if you bring your own bikes, we’ll help with minor maintenance. Further afield, Fiona’s Farm Shop and local pubs are working hard to keep pace with current restrictions. Many are doing take-outs. Devon’s beaches are still vast, Dartmoor National Park still beckons…
What do I have to pay?
You can book holidays for our standard 20% deposit, with the balance due 6 weeks before arrival.
What if Wheatland Farm is shut?
If we’re ‘locked down’ because of covid 19, we will refund your stay. But we can’t be responsible for associated costs, like transport tickets, etc.
What if I can’t come?
If your home area is formally ‘locked down’, with community-wide travel restrictions meaning you are not allowed to stay with us, we will refund your stay at Wheatland Farm (UK residents only). The refund includes both balance and deposit payments.
However, we do not automatically refund cancellations made because of individual circumstances, whether related to covid or other unforeseen difficulties. In all cases we try to be helpful, and if we can resell your holiday, there may be some refund, less associated costs. The sooner you tell us, the more likely you are to get a partial refund or changed dates.
Our underlying cancellation principle is simple and fair – we never ‘double sell’ a holiday and keep two sets of payments, but we need to cover our costs. Please read the full current terms and conditions,
Keeping You Safe At Wheatland Farm
Just as with any other infection, like norovirus or even standard flu, our priority is to keep you safe at Wheatland Farm, so you have a lovely holiday. Some of the following is already standard practice, some is changed in the light of corona virus. We willl:
- Thoroughly ventilate the lodges before you arrive.
- Thoroughly clean all work surfaces, door handles, light switches, sink surrounds, bathroom surfaces and common touch points etc.
- Disinfect the fridge
- Change all the bedding (of course!). Current advice for hospitality settings is that routine washing is all that’s required.
- Rewash the cups and cutlery between guests. (Obviously we still expect departing guests to do their own washing up!)
- Follow evolving government advice on deep cleaning after any suspected cases of corona virus at Wheatland Farm.
- Discuss specific concerns you may have – please do get in touch.
We ask you to please:
- Be willing to arrive a little later, and leave a little earlier, if cleaning is taking longer than usual. 2020 arrival times have been 6pm, departures 9am, but outside of busy periods we we’ll go back to 4pm and 10am whenever feasible.
- Please bear with us if we become short staffed because of corona virus.
- Use the hand sanitisers and hand washing stations we’ve added, and respect social distancing rules.
- Keep dogs on leads at all times, for both distancing and wildlife protection reasons.
- Follow NHS guidance if you develop corona virus symptoms while on holiday: book a test, self isolate, and if your test is positive, return home immediately. Don’t delay. If you become too ill to travel, you may find yourself paying for the next family’s holiday too.
- Tell us – so we can manage cleaning and subsequent bookings.
- Accept that we may unavoidably have to cancel your stay at Wheatland Farm, potentially at very short notice, for example if a covid19 outbreak meant we had to close. If we can’t welcome you, you will of course have a full refund, even if there is no widespread lockdown in this area.
- Make sure we have a last minute contact number for you in these fast changing times.
- When you make a new booking, ensure you read the current terms and conditions!