updated 21 May April 2020
Staying At Wheatland Farm Eco Lodges
We look forward to welcoming you again at Wheatland Farm’s Devon Eco Lodges. You can book ahead for the summer and autumn – we’ve made booking easier, final payment due dates later, and refunds better.
When can I book a holiday?
You can book now for dates beyond 4 July.
What can I do when I’m at Wheatland Farm?
Our outdoor space is the best thing about Wheatland Farm. Beech Lodge and Balebarn Lodge have hot tubs, and Honeysuckle Lodge has a bookable outside bath ( these are optional extras). We’re building a new pontoon for the wildlife pond for those who fancy wild swimming. The boats are available to borrow. Each lodge has a BBQ. You can book out the campfire space and sunken oven (we’ll show you how to bake a campfire loaf). There’s the fishing pond (catch and release). We’ll still take you on nature walks (with some adjustments). Kids’ can borrow farm bikes. We’ll have a family set of bikes that are suitable for longer trips, and have researched lots of local trips and mini adventures. Or if you bring your own bikes, we’ll help with minor maintenance. Further afield, Fiona’s Farm Shop and other local venues are doing takeouts, Devon’s beaches are still vast, Dartmoor National Park still beckons…
What if you’re still shut?
If we’re locked down, and you booked after May 21 for a summer 2020 holiday, we will refund you. But we can’t be responsible for associated costs, like transport tickets, etc.
What do I have to pay?
You can now book holidays for a 10% deposit (usually 20%), with the balance due 4 weeks (down from 6) before arrival. The delayed balance timing and our strengthened refund policy will also apply to existing bookings arriving 4 July to end of August.
What if I can’t come?
If you cancel and if we can resell, we will refund all your money, including the deposit (which is normally retained), but less any associated marketing costs, such as last minute discounts, advert fees etc. With overseas travel severely curtailed, we think lots of people will be holidaying in Devon this year and reselling is more likely than normal.
Our aim is for Wheatland Farm to carry most, but not all of the financial risks. Our underlying cancellation principle remains in place – we never ‘double sell’ a holiday and keep two payments.) Please read the full current terms and conditions,
Last Minute List
If you’ve stayed here before, and want to go on a ‘last minute flexible’ list, let us know.
Keeping You Safe At Wheatland Farm
Just as with any other infection, like norovirus or even standard flu, our priority is to keep you safe at Wheatland Farm, so you have a lovely holiday. Some of the following is already standard practice, some is changed in the light of corona virus. We willl:
- Thoroughly ventilate the lodges before you arrive.
- Thoroughly clean all work surfaces, all door handles, light switches, sink surrounds, bathroom surfaces and touch points etc. This means using more detergents/bleach/steam cleaning than we normally would.
- Disinfect the fridge
- Change all the bedding (of course!) including pillow and mattress protectors – current advice for similar settings is that routine washing is all that’s required.
- Rewash the cups and cutlery between guests. (Obviously we still expect departing guests to do their own washing up!)
- Follow evolving PHE /tourism sector advice on deep cleaning after any suspected cases of corona virus at Wheatland Farm.
- Discuss specific concerns you may have – please do get in touch.
We ask you to please:
- Bear with us if cleaning takes longer than usual
- Bear with us if we are short staffed because of corona virus
- Immediately return to your own home to self isolate your household if you develop symptoms of corona virus during your stay – just as you would be required to do in your normal setting. Be aware that you cannot stay longer than your booked stay, even if you get ill.
- Tell us – so we can manage cleaning and subsequent bookings.
- Accept that we may unavoidably have to cancel your stay at Wheatland Farm, potentially at very short notice, due to unpredictable circumstances. If we can’t welcome you, but there is no widespread lockdown in this area, you will of course have a full refund.
- Make sure we have a last minute contact number for you in these fast changing times.
- When you make a new booking, ensure you read the current terms and conditions!