We know we’ve got it right when you stay on the farm to have fun. The wildlife pond is perfect for a calm moment of reflection… or maybe you’d rather make a splash? In summer we usually have a boat or paddle board available for you to use – just ask for a quick induction first!
And of course there are some house rules:
Borrowing boats and swimming in the pond
- Do not go out of your depth unless you are a competent swimmer.
- Remember that the water will be cold.
- You use the pond, boatds and boards at your own risk.
- Everyone using the boats/boards must have had the safety briefing.
- Everyone using the boats/boards must be able to swim 50m unaided, or must be wearing a life jacket (we have a couple of tiny ones you can borrow).
- Children swimming, boating or just playing in the water or at the edge must be supervised at all times – you are responsible for their safety.
- No battles or pranks please.
- Do not use the boats/boards if you have been drinking alcohol or are under the influence of any drugs, prescription or otherwise.
- Report any damage, whether or not you caused it.
- Do not get into a boat or onto a board unless it is fully supported in the water – or you will break them.
- We reserve the right to charge for any non-trivial damage however caused.
- You are welcome to swim in the wildlife pond but please expect to encounter wildlife, water weed and mud.
- Lock the boats/board back up after use and return the key.